The PhD program being offered at CSIR-AMPRI Bhopal under the aegis of AcSIR consists of flexible course work, laboratory training, review writing and work on research project to demonstrate the attainment of a high degree of scientific ability. This would be followed by advanced research leading to a PhD thesis on a specific topic. The PhD program is normally completed in 4-5 years. AcSIR - AMPRI, Bhopal has been running the Ph.D. programme in Engineering Sciences since January 2014 and in Chemical Sciences since August 2014. Fresh students are enrolled twice a year as per AcSIR guidelines. As on date, there are 13 students enrolled for their Ph.D. in Engineering Sciences (MST) and Chemical Sciences.
Guidelines for admission in the PhD program under AcSIR
Invitation for Applications
AcSIR invites applications, twice in a year, for admission in PhD programme (under regular and sponsored categories) of the Academy of Scientific and Innovative Research (AcSIR) in Engineering Sciences and Chemical Sciences. The requirement for students may depend on the number of vacancies in different Institutes/ laboratories of CSIR including AMPRI Bhopal and is liable to change from time to time (to be announced prior to the beginning of each semester).
Unless otherwise notified, students would be admitted in AMPRI, Bhopal for PhD in Engineering Sciences (Materials Science and Technology) and Chemical Sciences only.
A) Engineering Sciences
1. Master’s degree with a good academic record in Metallurgical Engineering/ Materials Science & Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/Polymer/Plastic Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering with a valid national level fellowship like UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent
2. Bachelor’s degree with a good academic record in Metallurgical Engineering/ Materials Science & Engineering/ Civil Engineering/Chemical Engineering/ Polymer/Plastic Engineering/Mechanical Engineering with a valid Gate score or national level fellowship like UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or equivalent
1. Master’s degree with a good academic record in Metallurgical Engineering/ Materials Science & Engineering/ Civil Engineering/ Chemical Engineering/Polymer/Plastic Engineering/ Mechanical Engineering with at least two years of continuous working experience in the sponsoring organization on the date of application
B) Chemical Sciences
- Master's Degree with a good academic record in Chemical Sciences/Geo Sciences/Soil Sciences/Environmental Sciences/Chemical Engineering / Environmental Engineering with a valid national level fellowship like UGC/CSIR-NET/NBHM
- Bachelor’s degree with a good academic record in Chemical Engineering/ Environmental Engineering with a valid Gate score or national level fellowship like UGC/CSIR NET/NBHM or
Master's Degree with a good academic record in Chemical Sciences/Geo Sciences/Soil Sciences/Environmental Sciences/Chemical Engineering/ Environmental Engineering with at least two years of continuous working experience in the sponsoring organization on the date of application
A) The Sponsored Applicants would be required to submit an undertaking duly certified by his/her sponsoring agency to the effect that :
i) He/she has successfully completed two years of continuous service in his/her sponsoring organization on the date of application.
This certificate would be needed to be submitted by the sponsoredcandidates at the time of interview at AcSIR-AMPRI, Bhopal.
ii) He/she is still continuing to be associated with the sponsoring agency and would do so till the completion of the degree program.
This certificate would be needed to be submitted by the sponsoredcandidates every year during the degree program at AMPRI, Bhopal.
B) Violation of any of the two mentioned conditions may lead to the cancellation of registration of a sponsored candidate at any stage of
the degree program.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who fulfil the eligibility criteria can apply online from April 24, 2015 at http://acsir.res.in. Online application will close on May 22, 2015. For more details about application and admission procedures, candidates are requested to visit the website http://acsir.res.in
Sponsored candidates who wish to apply for admission to PhD programme at CSIR-AMPRI are advised to approach CSIR-AMPRI and identify a suitable area of research as well as a Research Advisor/Guide. The application process will be the same as for other candidates. However, the sponsored candidates would have to download the filled application form and send a copy of it to CSIR-AMPRI (Co-ordinator, AMPRI-AcSIR Office, CSIR-Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute, Near Habibganj Naka, Hoshangabad Road, Bhopal- 462 026) along with the sponsor's recommendation, financial commitments and other relevant documents for reference. The hard copy of the application along with all relevant documents should reach CSIR-AMPRI before the admission process starts at CSIR-AMPRI. The screening and selection procedures at CSIR-AMPRI will be the same as that for regular candidates.
Procedure for the online submission of application
Candidates can submit their application online by visiting the AcSIR website or directly on the link provided.
Admission process starts with the initial screening based on minimum eligibility criteria at AcSIR level. After initial screening by AcSIR, the list of candidates eligible for appearing for the written test and/or interviews at AMPRI-AcSIR Bhopal will be uploaded on the website of AcSIR.
Intimation to students
The candidates will be intimated to appear for an aptitude test and/or interview. The list of candidates called for test and/or interview shall also be displayed on the website of AcSIR. Before interview, an eligible candidate has to complete the format (Annexure-I) shown below:
No TA/DA will be paid for attending the screening test and/or interview or at the time of joining.
Academy of Scientific & Innovative Research (AcSIR)
CSIR-Advanced Materials and Processes Research Institute (AMPRI)
- Name : Date of birth :
- Address for communication :
Marks obtained in the qualifying degree examination :
(Engg. / Sc.)
(Engg. / Sc.)
% , Percentile, CGPA
College / Univ.
- Research experience, if any :
- Research publication, if any :
- Project work carried out, if any :
- Area of your proposed research work and justification for your suitability to the same :
(Word limit : 200)
- Order of preference of proposed supervisors (to be confirmed only after the successful completion of courses plus project activities for 20 credit points):
Any other important information (Word limit : 200) :